Captain Cornelius Timpson
of the 47th New York
New York: Report of the Adjutant-General
- Residence not listed; 24 years old.
- Enlisted on 08/02/1861 at New York City, NY as a Corporal.
- 09/14/1861 he mustered into "A" Co.
- he was discharged for promotion on 01/21/1864
- 01/21/1864 he was commissioned into "A" Co.
- He was a POW 08/19/1864 at Weldon Railroad, VA
- Paroled 02/15/1865 (place not stated)
- Mustered out 07/17/1865 at Washington, DC
- Promotions: 1st Lieut 10/27/1863 (as of Co. "A" 104th Inf.
- Promotions: Captain 03/03/1865
The information above has been researched as documented. If you have documentation that says other, or, if you can fill in any of the blanks, please send it to me My goal is to make this web site a great place for research on the 47th NY.
Return to Enlisted Page